Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Seth MacFarlane, the Epitome of Jerk: An Opinion

Every once-in-awhile, something so irritates me that I just cannot keep my mouth shut, but I have never taken on a Hollywood celebrity. After Oscars-night maybe he won't be such a celebrity. We can hope. I've already heard that he has said he won't host again--Thank God!  Maybe some of his peers told him what they really thought of that cute little song and dance of his about boobs.'Did MacFarlane write his own act, his own jokes, his whole routine? Did an editor look beforehand? I doubt it. I imagine once someone reaches the pinnacle of being host of the Oscars, whoever's in charge assumes that person understands something about honor and respect for fellow human beings.

I didn't even watch the Oscars. I would have liked to. I appreciate seeing celebrities as much as most other people, but I really don't feel I can justify the time. And in this case I'm just as well pleased I wasn't watching, so, no, I didn't see MacFarlane's cute little song and dance live.

The next morning a friend shared the very short video on Facebook. I will never forget the faces of two of the women named in that song: Uncomfortable is not the word. And I have to wonder how it was that the camera was right there to capture the moment. Was it planned ahead-of-time to be zoomed in on these two women? A conspiracy of sorts? It sure looks like it. 

Yes, some women bare their breasts for a movie. I doubt they do it in order to give men a peek, but if the script calls for it they will. And I doubt they agree to do it without a lot of soul-searching. So they do it. They make the movie and I hope they get paid extra for that scene.

Then comes along an infantile host--evidently barely out of high school--out to make fun of them, except it wasn't fun.

Just so you, the reader, knows, I like seeing boobs as much as the next guy, but I like it in private with utmost respect for the woman sharing that beautiful part of herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment