Saturday, May 19, 2012

More Property Tax Propaganda

With the number of anti-measure 2 letters-to-the-editor, other articles, and now another editorial from The Forum, Fargo, North Dakota, and a couple nights ago a special report on the local ABC television station, even with 74% of voters saying they would vote against the measure, it's starting to appear that the Powers-that-be are becoming a bit fearful that measure 2 might pass.
And today, 5-19-2012, the political cartoon by one of our local cartoonists, has the two caricatures referring to Measure 2 as the same #2 as what happens in the bathroom. Forum management, that was low, even lower than I thought you people would go...but you did.
Another article today: "Unlikely duo calls for Measure 2 rejection." That duo is Lloyd Omdahl (very anti-measure 2) and ex-governor Ed Schafer, who I met one time. I was building a split rail fence for a local park and using a hand auger to dig the holes. Governor Schafer--I think looking slightly down at me--said I should be using a mechanical auger. These two status quo-people are examples of the Powers-that-be, those with no leadership, or vision, for the future.
I'm going to make this post short; I'm getting sick of this subject and June 12 cannot come soon enough. Right, I got the date wrong again: Last time I said June 5--whatever! It can't come soon enough!
Maybe the most laughable reason that the anti-measure 2 people keep putting forth: They know property tax reform is "needed" but Measure 2 is not the answer. Well, guess what, folks, they might be right. But here's the bottom line: If Measure 2 passes on election day the Powers-that-be will be forced to come up with solutions. If Measure 2 fails Property Tax "reform" will be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment