Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Liberal Drums Just Keep on Beating

This does not make me happy to keep beating on the "other" drums; I will be so happy when this gun control issue is over, but as long as the liberals keep pushing the heart-breaking massacre at Sandy Hook to further their agenda of, in the end, registration and then eventual confiscation of guns, then I will have to keep responding.
Twice, recently, when the parents of the Sandy Hook children have been on national news reports, I have changed channels. I hear they will be on CBS's 60 Minutes this Sunday, today, April 7, 2013. I feel for those parents (I've lost a child too, but not to violence) but I don't plan to watch 60 minutes. I refuse!
Now I'm going to bring up something that the so-called liberal media has totally ignored in favor of attacking law-abiding gun-owners instead. I would have missed this story but for a letter-to-the-editor which appeared in The Forum, Fargo, North Dakota, April 6, 2013. The headline reads "No one has right to kill a baby."
It seems a doctor from Philadelphia who provides late-term abortions has been killing babies regularly, and it has not made the national news. (Let me be clear: I hate the thought of abortion, and though leaning far to the right lately, I am, and always have been, totally pro-choice on abortion.) This man's name is Doctor Kermit Gosnell, 72; he is on trial right now for killing seven babies. (I guess one of his helpers just couldn't take watching such an act any longer and turned him in.) Had he killed the babies while still in the womb (with a drug, I suppose) he wouldn't be getting charged with those murders, but he has a unique way of killing after the baby is out: He sticks scissors into the back of their neck and snips the spinal cord. Are you screaming right now in disbelief and horror? You should be. You should also be screaming for this story to go on the national news right beside Sandy Hook.
I had to go to the internet and punch in "Philadelphia, trial, seven babies..." I forget what words I used, but if you want the story, it's there, buried in the internet, not on the front page of every media source worldwide, where it should be.
Sorry I had to tell this story, but the liberal, left-leaning, block-headed, media, needs to take a fresh look at themselves.
Here's another story that I'm not sure if it got national attention. It's been in the media locally, but the trial has seen the story go far inside the newspaper (page 8.) Here is some verbatim: "On July 10, 2013, Aaron Schaffhausen called his ex-wife and said 'You can come home now, I killed the children.'" Well, he definitely had, he had slit the throat of 11-year-old Amara, 8-year-old Sofie, and 5-year-old Cecelia--yes! He slit the throats of his three daughters! 
This story maybe got national attention when it first happened, I don't know, but even if it did, it likely would have been mentioned only once. It didn't go on and on and on, like Sandy Hook continues to, but then scissors and other sharp instruments and hammers and even fists, never get the attention of guns, because the liberals don't want to ban scissors and hammers and fists...andcars.
Here's the clincher. The ex-wife filed a police report after an earlier phone call on March 7. More verbatim: "...he wanted to drive down there and tie me up and make me pick which child he killed and make me watch while he killed them."
I'm not "really" trying to horrify you, I'm trying to make a point: After this threat the guy was not arrested (to my understanding) he also did not have to have a mental evaluation--Why not? Why call the police? What is the purpose of laws? This guy is obviously psycho-whacko (meant in a slang way) but he was allowed to--three months later--go and murder his three daughters. He had to have planned it down to the last detail, and now the guy is on trial claiming "not responsible due to mental illness." 
So here's the gist of this post: Bloomberg of New York is spending his own money to saturate certain states (including North Dakota, "my" state) calling for comprehensive background checks to stop criminals and the dangerously-mental ill from buying guns. (The criminals and mentally ill likely have gotten smarter about trying to buy guns the legal way.) But what does the law do when somebody is "caught" trying to buy a gun? Not much, evidently. I've heard about 2,000,000 have been denied guns through the Brady Bill handgun checks, and what has the law done when these guys were caught? Not much. I'm pretty sure 2,000,000 guys didn't go to jail. So what is the point of this new "comprehensive" background check? What would they do to those guys if they "did" catch any? Not much, likely.
It's a cleverly-worded way of registering all guns, and then an eventual confiscation, the disarming of the American Minuteman to set the stage for...what? Tyranny? Nazi Germany first disarmed the Austrian public before taking over that country. Russia and China both murdered millions of their own citizens. Cambodia, Rwanda, Syria, the murder marches on.
One more tidbit about the mentally ill: The Aurora shooter had threatened his psychologist and made threats during meetings; she even reported it months before the theater shooting, so what did the law do about it? And our mental health system? Evidently nothing. (We must protect the rights and privacy of...?) I hope Bloomberg reads all my posts, so that when he gets his way, and sends the men-in-black....
You think nothing bad can happen in America? Think again. But we have Smart Phones now...!
Sorry, just needed to add a little sarcasm here at the end.

Thanks for reading

Contact

nelsonjamesw@hotmail.com                          email
http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B004GW465S   Author page at Amazon
http://morninginapril.weebly.com                   Website & Blog
https://www.facebook.com/#!/                         Facebook
http://subron7.hubpages.com/                          HubPages

Feel free to contact me. (Response is not guaranteed) (The world is full of psychos and wackos)

A reminder for when you go to Amazon to read digital books, mine and many other authors: Amazon has a free APP download that allows you to read your book on any electronic device, including PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android, and Blackberry.

Prices vary from $0.99-$2.99.

Occasionally I list one of my books as free for a  day, sometimes more than a day. Look for those announcements on my blog, HubPages, Twitter, and Facebook

One last thing: When you visit my website, please check out the Freebies page.

No comments:

Post a Comment